“A person who plants at least one Neem, one Peepal, one Banyan trees, two Pomegranates, five mangoes, two oranges and ten flowering shrubs, including creepers, shall never go to hell” -Varah Purana
- The first fodder park is going to be setup near Panch kund, Shankar gaushala(a cow shelter) in Jodhpur(Rajasthan), a dry land area where the sheltered and unsheltered Cows are surviving under Not-Enough care, with a vision to provide fresh and healthy fodder to approximately 3000 cows around the area. It would entail fodder plants, fruit trees, indigenous trees & shrubs. There will be a water harvesting structure to fulfill the water demand. Being on a hillock topographically, it is one of the best suited places for water harvesting. The fodder park would be a great help in improving the ecosystem of the area through agro forestry and other innovative ideas.
Fodder park will solve this problems:
- Due to the lack of vegetation cover, there is no network of roots that holds the layer of fertile soil, no trees to decrease the wind speed blowing and the soil erosion process is accentuating more and more.
- In the monsoon season, the rains drag the fertile layer of the soil, revealing the mother rock, which does not contain significant plant life.
- Consistent lack of food sources for the fauna that lives in the area. Poor evapotranspiration and low environmental humidity.
- Few or nonexistent trees and shrubs to house migratory birds. Poor fertility of soil, no organic matter.
- Animal excreta contribute to improve soil fertility conditions , however the animals are only staying in certain restricted areas where they are feed , their excreta are not spread over the surface to be able to provide a sufficient amount of nitrogen and microorganisms to regenerate the soils and generate vegetation cover.
How can you help the project?
Join to the volunteering programs for cleaning the area, preparing the soil, planting and watering the trees and shrubs and more. When you support GROW Sansthan Projects you are helping to make a better world and empowering an organisation, that makes real changes for environment and the society. When you make a Donation, Every penny you donate is used to build a long term project for betterment of water resources,animal welfare,ecosystem and help society living more sustainable and depending on gadgets and technology only when it is very necessary. Visit the Ecow Station anytime, to enjoy the nature and feed the cows while you get a whole experience at the Temple over top of the mountain and enjoy a stunning view.